Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday Magic



As I picked up my copy of Economic times on Monday morning and saw the predicted levels of Indian benchmark equity indices in investor guide,I assumed it would be a mixed kind of week in which the tussle between bulls and bears might get more fierce.Market might run out of steam after huge rally on wednesday last week.Then I went through the daily course of life and by the time I was on the breakfast table,it was 9:55,I switched on the T.V and browsed through various channels and finally settled on NDTV profit.To my surprise,the bulls had mauled the bears on the second consecutive day.Buyers didn't seem to get enough of heavy weights like HDFC,ICICI,TCS,RIL,SAIL and numerous other stocks.But the most remarkable thing was the way bulls were able to hold on to the gains,infact further extend it by the end of the market hours.But I feel that many retail investors like me have missed on buying dirt cheap stocks which could have yielded a fortune in the near future.The Sensex which breached the psychological 12000 mark was 6.51% higher,while Nifty was 180.05 points higher.The stocks rose about 10% today with metals going 8% up with heavy buying in Sterlite,Hindalco and Tata Steel.There was huge buying in Banking and IT sectors also.Let us hope that the Sensex picks up speed in the future so that we can rescue some of our stocks which had badly been beaten by the bears.

1 comment:

  1. Share PSP Projects rose 3 percent intraday Tuesday as broking firm Spark Capital has initiated buy rating on the stock with a target price of Rs 640capitalstars Services

    ReplyDelete

Search

  • Followers


    View My Stats